I say "goals" because I don't like the same resolutions people seem to make every year. You know the "New Year, new me" kind of resolutions that are set so high failure is inevitable. I just don't believe such a huge change is possible overnight. Which is why I am not setting the standards for 2015 too high. I realised I can't just snap my fingers and make everything OK (if only!) and that things will gradually change and get better, and that's what real life is like. So I have some resolutions of sorts to keep me going on this path.
1. Continue with the techniques for controlling and accepting anxiety, panic attacks and depression I learnt in counselling. It took me while to start properly using them, I've been taught so many, but I'm figuring out which ones work for me and will continue to do so.
2. To carry on standing up for the things I believe in, even though I know anyone who stands up for anything will get shit from people who disagree and are unpleasant in the way they express themselves. Even though this triggers my anxiety, these issues are way more important than that nagging feeling in my stomach.
3. An extension of above - continue on my mission to only treat others with kindness. Even if it is only something small, I want to do everything I can to live my life this way.
4. Be even more social with other bloggers! I have already got started on that, I have been chatting to so many lovely people on twitter, and I put effort into chatting with yous in the comments too, like properly replying, 'cos you guys write such great comments! Also want to feature guest bloggers on my blog and feature on others blogs too (which I did yesterday on Zahra's blog in an interview! Read it here).
5. Read more. I didn't read much in my first year but I've picked it up again and want to carry on and hopefully keep increasing how much I'm reading again. I have such a long list of books I want to read and am constantly looking for recommendations, if you have any please let me know!
6. Save money up for France. I was trying to save £30 a month since September, but it's just not always possible. I read a great article the other day about how money saving tips are for people who already have enough money to save, and that those who really need to save, can't actually afford to. While I'm not in the worst situation I know that I can't always afford to save that much a month, and that's OK. But just to put away a little bit whenever I can.
I'm kind of annoyed that the list only goes to six. I hate when lists aren't five or ten! Don't know why, it just seems so incomplete! But I'm not going to make up goals just to fill it up haha! So it'll have to be six! Do you make new years resolutions? Let me know if you have a post of them too, I'd love to read! xo