1. Wearing a hat, mittens, a scarf and two pairs of socks for extra cosiness. My housemate keeps laughing at my rainbow hat 'cos it doesn't go with anything.
2. Christmas candles. Typical blogger fad alert! Except I've never had a Yankee candle, mine comes from Wilkinson's for £1.75. It's the Glade ones that are usually a fiver. I've gone through two already and bought my housemate one. My whole room smells amazing when I've been burning it!
3. I made this point in my 10 things I love about autumn post earlier this year but it rings even truer now that the weather is colder and wetter; being able to stay inside without feeling guilty! I love nights out but when it's this cold the struggle of what to wear is too much, and everyone understands this, so I have a real reason to stay snuggled up inside.
4. Planning Christmas gifts. I love giving people presents more than anything! Birthdays and Christmas are my faves, even just spotting little things throughout the year to get to cheer someone up. At this time of year I have an excuse for all the online shopping! And I can actually click buy and it's OK! And seeing how spot on I am with presents is so great when I see their face ;)
5. Another one I said in 10 things I love about autumn that I can't go without mentioning - hot soup. Except this time round it's specifically my homemade soup, specifically my homemade onion or sweet potato soup. If you often read this blog you'll know I've been mentioning soup in nearly every post! Making it is so satisfying and it tastes amazing! Keep your eyes peeled for recipes later this week...
6. Twinkly Christmas lights. I love anything remotely sparkly, glittery and glowy. Fairy lights are up there, and so are Christmas lights! It's like being in a warm cosy room even when at the shops!
7. Christmas markets. So far I've only been to the one in Portsmouth, not gonna lie, it's crap. It has some chocolate stalls, a hot chocolate stall, German sausages and mulled wine, obviously, and one stall that I actually like which sells cosy looking capes and quirky rings and incense. My kinda shit.
8. Blankets! I have two blankets now, one I've had all my life that my Nanny made for me when I was a baba. I love it it's so quaint. This year I got a new blanket that's red and fluffy, and has been seen here on the blog! My parents got it for me when I started uni this year and I love it. It feels Christmassy 'cos it's red and velvety, like a Mrs Claus cape!
9. The atmosphere. OK, this is a weird one, 'cos it's possible that this isn't even a thing and I'm just making it up... but in winter I just feel like there's such a happy buzz everywhere! Maybe because of Christmas, maybe 'cos it's nearly the start of a new year, I don't know for sure, but there's something that makes everything seem a little bit better.
10. Holidays and family time, these intertwine and I know not everyone gets much or any time off at Christmas but luckily for me I get three weeks off uni which I'll be spending with my family and I'm so excited!
What are your favourite things about winter? Do you celebrate Christmas? My last point there reminded me to say big love to those who work Christmas day - paramedics, firefighters, nurses, careworkers and so so many more, MWAH! (That's a big kiss btw).