1. If your parents are saying things like "pack as though you are going on a two week holiday!" don't listen to them. They are saying this 'cos they hope it'll be like you are going on a two week holiday. You are not. You're moving out!
2. 8 pairs of shoes is not excessive...
3. And neither is 9 pairs of leggings... so don't think you look silly bringing that many!
4. Don't forget things that are usually a given in your household (shampoo, conditioner, and probably some toilet roll as you might need some as soon as you get there!)
5. Don't forget your student cookbook ;)
6. If you do forget something, don't fret, you can come home and get it if it's essential or even have your parents post it! And it's not like there won't be normal shops wherever you're going...
7. If you are moving into private housing, not halls (like me) don't forget pots and pans and whatever is not supplied by the landlord...
8. ...and don't forget your keys!
9. Check if you have a double or single bed, you might need to buy all new bedding for a different sized bed.
10. Use boxes, suitcases, bags it really doesn't matter. Hopefully your parents will be driving you so you can send them home with empty cases once you've unpacked :)
I haven't actually moved to uni yet, I've literally just packed and this is what I have already learnt from my 'packing experience'. I'm sure I'll have forgotten something or realise something else once I've moved in and unpacked!
Are you moving back to uni this year? Or just starting your first year like me?